BTB Security has need for an Information Security Consultant with presales experience within BTB Security’s professional services team. The Security Consultant role is responsible for delivering a myriad of security projects for our clients. Projects include, but are not limited to, penetration testing, application security assessments, vulnerability assessments, as well as custom security projects designed to meet our clients’ needs. The following high-level goals and objectives are expected to be met by the Security Consultant
- Excellence in Project Delivery and Client Relationships
All BTB Security services are designed to forge a trusted partnership with our clients. This comes from ensuring that all security services are delivered with excellence and are executed in a timely manner. Regular communication with clients and BTB management is equally important to ensure that expectations are being met.
- Technical Expertise in Delivered Services
The Security Consultant is expected to demonstrate technical expertise when delivering BTB services. Gaps in technical proficiency should be communicated prior to project execution to ensure clients receive expected value. Identified gaps will be used to guide training objectives.
- Ownership of Unique or Complex Projects
BTB Security offers a wide breadth of service offerings that range from shorter term assessments to more involved, custom security services. The Security Consultant may be responsible for taking ownership of these projects and client relationships to ensure that unique or complex projects are delivered successfully.
- Sales Support
The Security Consultant may be asked to work with the Sales Team to provide BTB Security Sales personnel with expert guidance during the sales process. Support may include advising sales personnel on scoping, validating that the client needs are being met, assisting with the development of statements of work, and identifying additional opportunities.
- Subject Matter Expertise
The Security Consultant will maintain awareness of trends, risks, solutions, and the ability to drive thought leadership for BTB and the greater Information Security industry; will proactively engage Account Management to accelerate business, demonstrate BTB Security's RADAR service, and help develop both internally and externally facing collateral and presentations that inform the target audience and market BTB.
- Prior experience as an information security consultant delivering several of the following services:
- Vulnerability Assessments
- Penetration Testing
- Web Application Security Assessments
- Risk Assessments
- Compliance Assessments
- Demonstrable expertise solving real-world security problems, not just security theory
- Professional experience with network and systems architecture
- Network segmentation (e.g., DMZ)
- Intrusion Detection Systems
- Web application architecture
- Active Directory
- Security Monitoring and Response
- Expert understanding of how major application layer protocols function (e.g., HTTP, SMTP, DNS, Kerberos)
- Advanced knowledge of categories of malware and how they function (e.g., rootkits, trojans, adware, ransomware)
- Functional knowledge of programming/scripting (e.g., Perl, Python, Ruby)
- Comfortable in multiple operating systems (Windows, Linux, Unix, OSX)
Education / Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- CISA / CISM
- Network traffic analysis skills
- Incident response
- Digital forensics