BTB Security has need for a management role in the organization to take charge of the day-to-day operations of the Security Operations Center for BTB Security’s Managed Detection and Response Service, RADAR (Rapid Advanced Detection And Response). The Security Operations Manager is a critical management role responsible for leading a team of security professionals focused on detecting and eradicating security threats posed to our clients.
The following describes several high-level goals for this position.
- Technical Leadership and Subject Matter Expertise
The BTB Security Operations Center is responsible for assessing potential security threats and determining next steps to eradicate those threats. The Security Operations Manager will provide technical guidance and expertise to mentor BTB Security Analysts and provide quality assurance for analyst investigations and recommendations.
- Lead Investigations and Incident Response
The Security Operations Manager is expected to lead investigations into critical risk and high confidence security events. These events require timely and expert analysis and may require incident response.
- Manage the Day-to-Day Operations of the Security Operations Center
The success of BTB Security’s RADAR is contingent on the effectiveness of the day-to-day operations of the Security Operations Center. The Security Operations Manager will provide oversight to ensure that BTB personnel are handling security events in a timely manner. This will include ensuring that proper coverage is achieved by maintaining the schedule and communicating any notable concerns to BTB leadership.
- Provide Direct Management of Security Operations Personnel
Security Operations personnel will report directly to the Security Operations Manager. As such, this role will be responsible for tasks such as measuring analyst performance, conducting performance reviews, providing mentorship, approving training, and hiring.
- Client Communication and Satisfaction
Our responsibility to our clients is to detect potential security events and assist them with responding to those events to the best of our ability. A significant factor to this success is timely and expert communication. Providing accurate analysis and recommendations while ensuring any questions or concerns are addressed is critical. The Security Operations Manager will work with BTB clients and personnel to make sure communication is effective and identify areas of concern.
- At least five years of experience in the Information Security industry
- Network Architecture and TCP/IP
- Windows System Architecture
- Linux System Architecture
- Application protocols such as DNS, SMTP, HTTP, SMB
- Modern Threat Actor Tactics, Techniques, and Procedures
- Incident Response and Threat Eradication
- Prior experience in a network or security operations center
- Prior experience with SIEM tools
- Prior experience with modern endpoint threat detection and prevention agents such as:
- Carbon Black
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Leadership skills capable of working with a team of senior and junior members